Dreamtree

Sit here with me under the Arbor Vitae, and let us consider the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Desert Southwest, United States

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Coming True

Here I am again. Summer has ended, school has begun, I'm back at work --a place I find myself hating just a little bit more every day, and the Dreamtree calls.
Here is the part where I list my current projects:
1) Lose weight. The neverending saga. This time I've decided to hire a Lifecoach, because I've tried everything else (except diet and exercise, of course, I'm not a fanatic). Love the lifecoach. I've exited both meetings with her exhilarated, aerated, and boyant. Unfortunately, the scale does not register that newfound lightness of being. --Yet!
I plan to continue with this activity in good faith for a while longer. I'm open to peripheral, yet unseen benefits.
2) Travel. I want to go to Turkey, goddammit! I haven't been anywhere except to my mother's house since I got married. Before that, I traveled all over the place, despite my student job poverty. My sister called me last weekend because her husband surprised her by buying tickets to Greece, where they will join one of my brothers. She wanted to know what there was to do in Athens, since she kne I had spent some time there back in the 80's. I have a dream, and that dream is to see Istanbul, a place I've never been, but from the pictures it looks like a fairy tale land. And a place where I won't have to veil and there will be flush toilets, hopefully. As a first step towards this dream, I have purchased a Learn Turkish set of CDs, which I play over and over as I drive kid back and forth all afternoon.
3) Shorter blog posts. 'Nuff said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back to blogging ;) Great idea! I would love to travel Turkey too. A couple of my married friends have made a pact to travel to a new place every year for vacation. They went to Turkey last year and of course my friend is half Turk, so, I guess his can speak Turkish. Dismissing the wives’ fall that resulted in a broken wrist, and the subsequent short hospitalization and a cast, they even had a fun time at the hospital! The loved the royal treatment they got received including all the fact that they and the doctor could smoke in the hospital room and they got all the Turkish coffee and tea they could consume at no extra charge!
Way back when, when I was growing up in Iran, there was this movie that I remember now with this robbery (plot of the movie) to take place at this famous mosque called, Topkapi, the most elaborate and largest/biggest of its kind in the world, with a great history behind it as well. I think the Movie was also named Topkapi (with this then famous Greek actress, Melina Mercury. You should try to see if you can rent it.

Try this link, since it won’t let me embed it - Topkapi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topkap%C4%B1_Palace

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home