Dreamtree

Sit here with me under the Arbor Vitae, and let us consider the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Desert Southwest, United States

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Commandment #4

Looking over the schedule of events for today, I find that I just have time for a shower before heading over to the Tiger Scouts Day Camp. I'll have to watch the time because at 10:30 there is a walk-a-thon fundraiser/groundbreaking for the new gym at my son's school. At 1:00pm my 13 year old daughter has a facial, about which she is as excited as a bride.

Hmmm. It looks like from 3:00pm on I will have some time all to myself! Except for a little run to the supermarket, some weekend laundry, returning videos and library books and phone calls. Oh yeah, I will definitely have to get out into the yard and pick up the dog poop before it gets dark, and maybe get some seedlings planted into one of the beds. OK, That probably won't happen.

My brother is in the mainland from Hawaii. He'll be driving into town tomorrow and staying for a couple of days. Yaay! Looking forward to that.

Is it possible that my life is this boring? Or is it just that it's early? Time to check in with my fantasy future husband, Alec Baldwin!

He's in the news again today. AOL front page, negative press. I don't usually have enough interest to bother with the load time for celebrity "news," but as an obsessive fan, I need to know everything there is to know about A.B.

So, evidently his 6th grade daughter didn't feel like hanging around to take a phone call from boring old Dad at the appointed time. Sounds like it was about 10:00am on a Saturday. My guess, based on experience with girls that age, is her 12 yr old behind was still in bed, and that she didn't feel like rousting herself up just to for, "How are you doing, what's going on in school, what did you get on your math test," etc.

So,she let the machine pick up, a la "Please leave a message..." -- He left one, alright! I listened for the whole thing, which was kind of funny in the following sense: 1) Girl, you are so busted! 2) It's NOT just me! 3) Finally, a real parent, instead of the ones on TV. He may be 3000 miles away, but he is not going to tolerate bad behaviour.

I could hear the frustration and hurt feelings in his voice, along with the anger, of course. Why not? Not only was his morning wasted, because he probably scheduled his work around this call, which she couldn't be bothered with, but the whole rest of the week, instead of being able to look forward to a visit with her on the 20th, he had to grit his teeth and know that there will be confrontation and tears, and pouting and drama. But I'm pretty sure Alec is not going to back down, he is going to take his stand for his kid to meet her commitments, not to mention treat her father with consideration. It is not too much to ask, by God, and she will not be allowed to become a bratty little princess, like so many other rotten kids, who's parents can't be bothered to do the hard thing.

As a further bonus, the tape is being played all over the world on the internet, so he has to put up with commentary from Matt Lauer like "...disturbing...vitriolic...anger management...," (Oh shut yer pie hole, Matt! Like you know anything.)

OMG!!! I so hope Alec Baldwin has friends around him, support and all that. And I hope he doesn't lose heart, and he can keep going, and he will be strong enough to take all these slings and arrows, and that he will fight this thing down to the ground. As the primary male in her daughter's life, he is the template for how she should treat men, and how she should be treated by men. He needs to keep her from becoming Paris Hilton.

And as for his daughter, if her father tells her he is going to call at 10:00, she'd better be up and standing by the phone at 9:55!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stopped to add this in. it's a quote from an interview with A.B. with Morley Safir:

""Whenever I see a film of mine when I was young, I see someone who was far more vulnerable than I am now. Audiences want that. You know, Johnny Depp seems like somebody that needs to be taken care of. You know? Women wanna reach out and they braid his hair or something"

He went on to say that he felt that he no longer projected that kind of vulnerability.

Oh, Alec! Just pass me the comb and rubber bands.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home