Dreamtree

Sit here with me under the Arbor Vitae, and let us consider the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Desert Southwest, United States

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot

Sunday, March 11, 2007

5 Reasons

1. So many of the blogs I like to read (and comment on) have stated, with varying degrees of encouragement and hostility, that I "should get my own blog," that I thought I would at least give it a try.

2. I thought that putting my desires and aspirations into words might help to actualize them, in the sense of being the first step to making the inchoate concrete. After all, I am the Queen of Lists.

3. It's kind of fun to explore topics that no one around here has any interest or patience with. Like the bombing of Pearl Harbour, like Middle Eastern music.

4 . It's a good way to waste time when I need to do something tedious, like housework. Blogging "seems" productive.

5. I love the comments! Hate chat, love comments. Hate small talk, love comments. There is something about this forum that brings out the best in people's thoughts. Concise, pithy, to the point. I may or may not be a blogger, but I am definitely a commenter.

10 Comments:

Blogger bijan said...

1. I have no idea what you mean. You already have your own blog.
2. You made me look up that word, “inchoate.” Okay, fine, make a list of it help you.
3. Wrong! People (me) am interested in that stuff too. I enjoyed your Pearl Harbor story, your rudimentary knowledge of Japanese language, confused by “almond eye”, and responded to your Azores curiosity
4. To me it’s more a form of self therapy, than waste of time. Plus, in my case, I learn and read about things that I would have never heard anywhere else.
5. Okay, you’re a “commenter”, but no sure about the rest. You confused me too, but don’t worry you’re not being graded. You pass!
6. I read you previous post about the Indian girl too. Good story.
7. You quite didn’t answer my other questions, but thanks for trying.
8. It’s now time to go over my own list: (1. get off your butt and go to the gym. 2…)
9. Well got to go now 

10:26 AM  
Blogger bijan said...

Btw, I’m heavily into lists too.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hehe... I hope I was one of the encouraging ones.

You always had such strong opinions that I could tell you'd love having your own soapbox!

10:50 AM  
Blogger zulhai said...

Bijan:
6. I get to use words like "inchoate!"

Diana:
You have always been positive! I was thinking of Mamacita of "Weekly Scheiss" fame. Ouch! Not that I'm a flamer, but sometimes another opinion isn't...needed.

9:37 PM  
Blogger SRH said...

I like that you have been posting more regularly. It makes the 5 reasons more believable.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

Although I also definitely enjoy your blog, I think you are a masterful commenter.

There are awards for that, you know.

10:33 AM  
Blogger SRH said...

Looking back on my comment, it came off much more harsh than I intended. Sorry bout that.

12:28 PM  
Blogger zulhai said...

Z.M:
I'm blushing! Partially because of how encouraging it is to hear words of encouragement.
SRH:
It takes a Big Woman to apologize, please don't give it another thought.

11:42 PM  
Blogger zulhai said...

God, I crack myself up.

11:43 PM  
Blogger SRH said...

Goodness gracious. I do not often truly "Laugh out Loud." But you really got me giggling at my desk.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home