Dreamtree

Sit here with me under the Arbor Vitae, and let us consider the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Desert Southwest, United States

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot

Friday, June 16, 2006

Beating Against The Tide

Where was I? Oh yes, the meeting with the counselor. All went well until about the middle of the session, when My First Husband announced he would be serving me with legal separation papers, -- at work, so as to spare the children any anxiety. It's those little considerations that make me wonder where it all went wrong. Anyway, haven't seen anything yet, and yesterday was my last day of work, so I hope it's expensive to serve someone.
Yaay! I'm able to return-paragraph! Blogger must have received my pleading e-mails.
Otherwise, what. Nothing accomplished on any of the projects. Well, I did join the Parent Teacher Organisation for my son's school. He'll be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. That's looking like a good entry into society point. Gigi talked me into it, and since she and her 8 siblings have all ruled this town for 60 years, she knows everyone. --She has turned out to be such a good friend, I can't believe she's lived just across the street all these years!
Last Sunday she invited me to breakfast with two of her sisters, a niece, a daughter, and a local artist. One of her sisters held forth about the DaVinci Code, Michael Ledwith, and the secret life of Jesus. It was probably the most interesting conversation I've had in this town, outside of a classroom. Then we all went to the Artist's house to look at her paintings. Which I now desire.
So social life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home